Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmas living room.


Once Thanksgiving is done, it's full on Christmas around here. The tree is hunted and cut the day after and the decking begins as soon as we come home.

Unfortunately this winter, it's been pouring buckets and buckets of rain, so it's been really hard to photograph anything in the house.
Thankfully we finally got some sun the other day and I was able to get some pretty pictures of the living room!

But first, let me show you what it started out like.


Not bad, yeah? But I just wasn't in love.
And then we got the tree. Again, something was off and I couldn't put my finger on it. Whenever I hit a decorating wall, I log on to Pinterest and just scroll through pictures. 


Got it. The furniture placement.
I've grown up with couches placed against walls, so that's what I've always done. This time, though, it just didn't work for me.


So I moved half of the room around and all is well. 


And the tree got moved in the center of the bay window.


I love being able to see it out the window when I'm outside. 


Most of the ornaments are the same ones I've had for years and years, but I did clean out my ornament bin and got rid of maybe 1/4 of ones I just didn't need or never used, so that made room for some new ones, that I ended up thrifting.


Here's a couple of different angles of the room, so you get a better idea of what I did.




I moved the chairs to the opposite side of the room and I might move them back, once the tree is gone. But I do like them by the mirror, so we'll see.


No, I didn't go buy a new mirror, but I probably would have if we didn't already have this one in our room. Since it wasn't hung, I thought I'd try it in here and my gosh, I just love it!

I'm sort of obsessed with wreaths this year, and especially wreaths over mirrors. This one is faux and I snuck some cedar clippings in there, to fill it up.


Here are the bottle brush trees I thrifted the other day.


One thing I was most excited about, was being able to decorate our staircase. I knew I wanted a garland, but didn't want to purchase it, cause I needed quite a bit, so I made it, instead!
If you read the last post, you saw the one I made for my moms mantel and it really is easy, just time consuming.


 But I'm so glad I took the time to do it!


I hung ribbon and small ornaments too, to make it sparkle, just a little.



I've since added a small cedar garland to the top of the mirror, but again, there just wasn't enough good light for me to get a good picture, sigh.

I feel like I'll be decking til Christmas cause theres always something else I think of, that I'll want to try, but at least the living room is done!

Now, to move on to the next room…



xo, Vera






No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, I'm listening...