Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Isabelles room.


It has been raining cats and dogs for the past couple of weeks, but we FINALLY got some sunshine yesterday and today, so I figured I'd take advantage of the light and photograph Isabelle's room!

Her room has taken me the longest to complete, because of the odd shape of the space, it's big and half of her furniture needed to be re-finished. Slowly but surely, we got there!

Here are some before's, so you know what I was working with.




And here is the after!


Since Isabelle is my only girl, I really wanted her room to be girly and reflect her personality- Sweet, nurturing and caring. When the paint was being mixed for her, she had a smile from one ear to the other! She was so excited!

Thankfully only that big wall was in neon colors, but no doubt, it still took 3 coats to get it covered.
There's multiple big walls in here, and I was a bit puzzled how I would fill them all, without it looking cluttered. 
I decided to have one gallery wall and the other two have minimal hangings. 



I love how the gallery wall turned out.


 I may add a couple more things to it, but I'm happy with the result.
The opening you see below this wall is actually an extra playroom! Instead of wasting space, they made it into a little extra room and this mom loves it! It's where all the toys are hidden and she loves playing tea party in there with her dolls and girlfriends. The boys have one in their room as well, but that's for another day :)

Her bed is a craigslist find from a few years ago and I still love it as much as I did when I first got it! 
It's all sorts of frilly and girly. And solid and heavy.


Isabelle will be 9 in a couple of days, but she is still a hardcore doll lover and plays with them all the time. When her bed is made, it's covered with almost all of them! 
And of course a thousand pillows. Because why not!


Her little bedside sconce I found at World Market and it's perfect for the little corner.
I used pink yarn to cover the black cord, to make it more fun.


As you can tell from the "before" pictures, her pretty vintage dresser needed some love. 
We painted it when we first got it, but that was about 8 years ago. I've had two boys since then- boys who loved finding permanent markers and using anything and everything as a canvas for those markers. 


It took hours and hours, but I was determined to get it sanded down to the raw wood. It's a gorgeous light colored solid wood. And the original glass knobs are my favorite!


And there's that huge wall. I decided to keep it pretty empty, except for that canvas that I free handed. 
There was a beautiful piece of art that I wanted, but didn't want to pay the price tag, so I made this instead. 


The classic Louis chair was thrifted as well. 
Here's what it looked like when I first re-did it about 5 years ago.


About a week after I re-upholstered it, Charlie took black mascara to it and as hard as I tried, it just wouldn't completely come out. 
Long story short, it was hard work redoing it AGAIN, but so worth it! I love the gray ikat print fabric {I know, it looks purple}. I found it at Jo Anns for under $10 for almost 2 yds!


The white curtains I got at IKEA {surprise, surprise} and I love how weightless and airy they look in here.


 I'm actually thinking I might get some more for the window above the desk.


 I know the peach desk sort of clashes with the walls, cause when I first painted the walls, I thought they'd be a shade lighter, but it was too late to go back and redo them. 


 Her desk accessories are simple, although on any other given day, before her room is cleaned, she'll have all sorts of stuff piled on top of it.


Another disclaimer: her room is NOT always this clean. I had to pick up several things in order to get shots of a "clean" room. 
My kids play with their toys and they're always all over the room, so I promise my house is never picture ready, haha!

Hope you enjoyed this little girls room, and now, this mom needs to get dinner started!



xo, Vera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, I'm listening...