Thursday, January 21, 2016

Bathroom update.

{I know, it's an iPhone picture. This room gets absolutely no natural light AND it's cloudy and gloomy outside, so using my regular camera wasn't an option. Trust me, I tried.}

It's so satisfying when a project comes together just as you envisioned it- But unfortunately, that wasn't the case with my bathroom. 

I had lots of fun plans for it, but only half of those plans came to life {so far}. 

Here's what it looked like before...


I pained the walls in a creamy white and love the fresh feel it automatically gave the space! 


I also painted the vanity in a pretty minty blue- And love it as well! I wanted the pop of color since all the walls in the master and bathroom are white and this was the perfect way to add it.

Changing that tiny mirror out for the bigger one was a huge change, as well! Amazing what a good mirror does for a space! And I already had it sitting in the garage, so win-win!!!

I covered the white formica countertops with a faux marble contact paper and it would of looked amazing, if the print of the "marble" was accurate to the picture on the site I ordered it from, but it wasn't. It has a yellowish greenish color to it- totally not what I was going for.
I'm still trying to decide if I absolutely hate it or if I can live with it. Thankfully, it comes off easy and leaves absolutely no residue, if I do decide to remove it.
I did have the option to send it back and get a refund, but I didn't want to pay the return shipping.

I figured since I was taking the effort to make the vanity the focal point of the room, I would change out the drawer pulls as well. I love these simple ones, but really wanted them in a brushed gold. They only came in silver, so I spray painted them. Not the best idea, considering they're stainless steel. I think they'll be okay, but not sure how long I have before the paint starts to scratch off.

I still have plans for the toilet room {it's separate from this space}, but again, my first plans didn't work, so I just need to put the project aside, be patient and wait. It's also ending up costing me more than I wanted to spend, which is another reason I need to wait and be smart about my next purchase.

I really wanted to share some pretty pictures with you of the space all done, but this will have to do for now.

Thankfully I have lot's of other things to keep me busy, you know- like laundry, dishes, making dinner, etc. Speaking of, I should probably get off the couch and go tackle some of those chores.

Happy almost Friday, friends!


xo, Vera

2 comments:

Go ahead, I'm listening...