Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Living room update.


Every year when January rolls around, and all the Christmas decorations come down, I feel like hitting the 're-fresh' button in my entire house. I automatically crave Spring and everything fresh and airy.

I've come to terms that my living room will never stay the same for long, cause it's just too fun to change it up. And because it's the first thing you see when you walk through the door, it'll be the first space that'll get that after-christmas-refresh

In my last post I mentioned that I finally ordered the rug I wanted, and today it finally arrived! So instead of packing for our weekend trip to the snow, I unwrapped the rug and put it into place, which then lead to photographing the living room. I can't help myself!

Let me just remind you what the living room looked like before Christmas…


And here it is today…


Amazing what a new rug and furniture placement does for a space!


The first thing I did was change out the pretty velvet curtains, for these white beauties. These are the ones I originally planned on having in here, but wanted to try something different and liked it, until I changed the rug and added the shelves. 

If you look at the space as a whole, the velvet curtains just would of been too dark.


And you guys, I added shelves!!!


That big wall was depressingly empty, even with the pretty mirror. 
And since I don't have a fireplace mantle, I wanted to try shelves.


I drove to IKEA last week and picked up the lack shelves. I was gonna have hubby build some for me, but when I saw how cheap these were, I decided they would work just as great for what I was looking for.


It was so much fun being able to display things that have been in boxes since we've moved- but guys, holy moly… Who knew that styling them is so much work!!!


It took me days and days to try and figure out where things would be placed and lots of things that I really wanted up there, just didn't work. 


There are still a couple of small pieces that I would like to add, but other than that, they're pretty much done. I'm already planning some small, but fun changes for Valentines day!


I love that I'll be able to change them, according to the seasons- That's my favorite part!


If your trying to figure out what else looks different in here, it's the mirror. 
We came home from dinner one night and I decided it was time to give it a fresh coat of paint. It lightened up the space drastically, but to balance out all the white, I added the bench from our room and I absolutely love it in here!!!

I also made the 'gather' sign, but have yet to frame it out and actually hang it. It's just resting on the mirror, for now.


 The other side of the living room, I moved the matching chairs and brought this vintage one down from our room. 


Again, why didn't I think to move it down here sooner?!
It softened the space up so much! And I totally don't mind that theres only one and not two- It makes the space look less cluttered.


 I also picked up a couple of new throw pillows from Marshalls the other day. I can't resist the clearance isle :)


 And back to the rug. #hearteyes


It's just as soft as it looks in the picture!


Oh, hi! 
It's always a plus when I match the space I'm photographing. Just kidding. Okay, but really.


And just one more look at the whole living room!


 I'm so pleased with the way it's turned out and I can't wait to snuggle up and sip on some coffee in here. Maybe once the kids are tucked in, tonight…

Hope your all having a great week!



xo, Vera







No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, I'm listening...