Monday, February 15, 2016

Favorite products.


I sort of have this thing where, if I really, truly, love something, I HAVE to share it with everyone! 

Finding the right mascara, lipstick, blush, etc, isn't the easiest, especially if you have fussy/ sensitive skin. Thankfully I don't, but it's still taken me years to find the things that work well with my oily/dry skin.

Some of these I've used for years and some I've just recently discovered- but either way- I'm hooked!!!



I have long, thick hair that is heavy, so getting volume up top isn't the easiest for me. I usually have to tease it so it doesn't look flat, but this stuff, this stuff is magic! Not only does it help my hair look "clean", but it gives it volume! I don't know how or what ingredient is in there, but it works!
Now, I know it's on the spendier side, considering the size, but if your in the same boat as me, when it 
comes to your hair, I promise, you'll LOVE this stuff!
 {I have also seen it at Freddy's for a little cheaper than ULTA}

Elf matte lip color in "Rich Red"-

Let's be honest- A good red lipstick is hard to find! Especially one that is the perfect shade for your skin tone. I've been using this one for years, after my MUA friend suggested it and I can't say enough good things about it! The best part? It's only $3 and sometimes you can even find it at the $1 store!
This one has a blue undertone, which is great for olive or yellow toned skin. But the texture is what sold me. And it's a twist up. #winwin

Elf expert liquid liner in "Jet Black"-

I've tried many, many liquid liners, because I prefer them over the pencil ones and although I haven't spent the money on name brand ones, I feel I don't need to.
I'm obsessed with this one and you can't beat the price!
I love the thin, little brush and the consistency is exactly what I was looking for in a liquid liner.

Maybelline define-a-brow pencil in "Medium Brown"-

Why is a good brow pencil hard to find?! I refuse to use a brush/dip brow system, cause it takes way more time then I normally have, so a good pencil is key!
I've used this one for years and again, the consistency is just perfect! I also like that the pencil itself is thin and small and easier to maneuver when it comes to filling in my brows. And again, the price point is perfect for my budget.
I've also heard that this is very similar to a brow pencil that Mac carries and it's twist up!

Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair moisturizer-

I have a combination of oily and dry skin so I felt there wasn't the "perfect"moisturizer out there. Most I tried made my skin more oily than normal and that drove me crazy.
Again, my MUA friend recommended this one and it has been so good to my skin! Not to mention- I'm not getting any younger, so anything to minimize those wrinkles that are slowly starting to show up, is a must.
So far, Wal-Mart has the best price for it, but all drug stores carry it.

Revlon cream blush-

I'm not picky about blush, and I'll pretty much use any kind, but I really love this stuff and have been using it for about 2yrs.
I have "Coral Reef" for when I do a red/coral lip and "Flushed" for when I do a pink lip. The only downside is that you have to use your fingers to apply it, but I love the creamy texture and that it gives a more vibrant color than a powder blush.

MAC powder blush in "Blunt"-

Now, I know this says it's a blush, but really, I use this as a bronzer. It has the perfect matte finish {my favorite} and gives me that healthy glow without adding a shimmer.

Marcelle BB cream in "Golden Glow"-

A few months ago, a friend shared some samples with me, from her birchbox {I know, I'm probably the only person on the planet that isn't signed up for one of those monthly boxes, of some sort} and one of the little samples included this AMAZING bb cream!
I just didn't have it in me to go to the beauty store and try hundreds different kind, to find one I love, so when I tried this and fell in love with it the minute it hit my skin, I knew that I needed to order some.
Shipping from Canada is brutal, but I'm tellin' you, it's worth it! And I know most of you will appreciate the fact that it's gluten/paraben/oil free!!!

L'Oreal Voluminous mascara in "Black"-

I've used this since I was 14 and I still love it til this day! My eyelashes are fairly thin and not super long, so the thick mascara and curved brush is like a magic potion for them!


Phew! That turned out to be a longer post than I had anticipated, but I hope you fall in love with some of these, as much as I have! There could have been a couple more things that I could have shared, but I'll save those for another post. 

Hope you had a great Valentines day and your week is off to a good start. 
Hey, at least you can look good, if it's not going great, right?!



xo, Vera






No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, I'm listening...