Saturday, February 27, 2016

Spring in the master bedroom.



Since the weather here has been amazing, I thought it would be a good time to take some pictures of the master bedroom, since it has good light, you know, when the sun is actually out.

The room has lots of white, which is a great canvas for pops of color. 

The first thing I did to freshen the room up was add some fresh flowers. A few stems of Hyacinth, from the flower garden, and the room suddenly has life. 


I usually don't put flowers on the hubby's side, but he loves these pretty flowers, so I added one simple stem on his nightstand. I think he secretly appreciates it.


Blooming tree's is one of my weaknesses. I absolutely love the big branches stretching out in no particular way in my fun, gold vase.


 The little pink flowers are such a feminine touch, without being overpowering. 


 More romantic touches on the nightstand- like a candle and my vintage, hand held mirror. And I don't mind the little flower petals scattered all over.


Here's a view from the other side, into the entrance of the master bath. It's not the most pretty and the bathroom needs a makeover, but that doesn't keep me from making it as pretty as I can, for the time being.


The spotted curtains are a big focal point in the room and that's exactly what I wanted. Because they took me a thousand hours to make. Yes, I painted the spots by hand. Four curtain panels. I wouldn't recommend it, although I do love them.

The white headboard is also a favorite of mine as well- BUT, if I knew then what I know now. It gets dirty. Leaning your head on it eventually leaves a dark area and it doesn't really come out, sigh.
I even sprayed it with a fabric protector before we used it, but that didn't seem to help.


I kept the decor super simple in here, cause it felt more calming and a year later, I still love it. 
There were a couple of times I tried to change things, like add a gallery wall above the dresser, but I took it down a couple of days later. I just loved the simplicity in here. 

Sometimes it's not the stuff you put in a room, but what you put in there that matters. Because don't forget, your the one who gets to enjoy it, day in and day out!
If something doesn't feel right, switch it out! 

Hope this inspires you to freshen up a space that needs some extra attention! 
And be patient, it might take weeks for it to feel "right"- But always enjoy the process. 


xo, Vera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, I'm listening...