Monday, April 25, 2016

First camping trip: Jack creek.


A few weeks ago, we took a huge risk and decided to take our first camping trip of the season. 
Living in Oregon, the weather is extremely un-predictable, so although it had been nice the entire week, going up to the mountains was risky and probably crazy, considering it was only April.

I am SO glad we went with our gut and did it! The weather was amazing and the kids had a blast!


We camp at Jack creek, which is right below the Hoodoo mountain, towards eastern Oregon. It's our favorite spot.


It's right next to a creek, hence the name, so it's fun during the summer, when it gets super hot during the day. Hubby also has a portable water filter, so we get drinking water out of it, too!

He's smiling, because he's totally in his element. He would build us a cabin out in the middle of nowhere if I was on board. I just like to have a grocery store 5min away. That's not too much to ask for when you have 4 kids, right?? 


Also, don't be fooled by this picture.
It was warm during the day, like almost 80 degrees, but night time was a different story. 


I think it got down to about 25 degrees and if it weren't for the tent heaters, we wouldn't have lasted. I mean, I wouldn't have lasted. It's blasted cold. Like you can't even keep your face uncovered, cold.
So once it started to get dark, we were by the fire.

This also happens to be my favorite picture from the whole trip.
I LOVE the "fireflies". And Charlie's pretty cute, too.



I love that although Isabelle is a girly girl, she will get down and dirty with the boys. Her sweet smile melts me. 


 And I think this is the most you'll ever see of my hubby. I'm not kidding. I'm sitting here, counting all the pictures he's in and my eyeballs are getting bigger, as the number gets higher- Haha!!!

I really don't know what I'd do without him, though. I would NEVER last in the forest by myself. He is a master at it and the kids just inhale all the knowledge from him.


 And this. Um, everyone's smiling. Is there some sort of award for that?!?!


We're already trying to figure out when we can go again! 
Sure, having a shower and a real bed to sleep on is more convenient, but someones gotta make those memories, you know what I'm sayin?!

See you soon, Jack creek!!!


xo, Vera



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, I'm listening...