Thursday, April 21, 2016

Kids Easter table.



Me doing things the night before seems to be a theme around here. 

I don't know why, but that's when all of my inspiration comes pouring in- so I'm in my flower garden at 11pm digging out mini succulents to plant in eggs shells, that I just dug out of the compost pile.
Normal? Absolutely not. 

So as the family was soundly asleep, I put together this pretty table for the kids.
I knew I wanted to brunch and color eggs with them in the morning, so this needed to happen, folks!

I had everything I needed, which made it all the more fun.

I used wrapping paper, and craft paint for the green dots, for the runner and I love how it turned out!


My cake stand served as the egg display. I just used moss to make a nest, if you will.
The next morning it was full of colorful eggs the kids had colored and drawn on. 
Also, if you notice, I have real AND faux eggs in there. I love the visual effect of the different sizes and I can always use them next year!


And believe it or not, those white eggs are faux as well!
I found them at Wal-Mart in cartons and although they don't color well in egg coloring kits {because they're hollow, they don't stay down in the cups}, the kids just used markers to color them, and had so much fun doing it!


There's those darling, succulent filled eggshells! 


They were so easy to make and are still alive! I just give them a few drops of water every couple of days and they're good to go.


I love how "Springy/Eastery" it looks and the kids were so excited when they woke up the next morning.
I know, the lighting is kind of wonky, cause first thing in the morning on a cloudy day isn't the best time to take pictures, but I had to before the table was destroyed.


The tablescape lasted about 2 days after, even with spots on the runner- I kept it on.


 I always remind my kids about why we celebrate the holidays we celebrate, because I don't want Easter to be about "Easter eggs", but they will also be little for only a little bit, so making memories for me AND them is important.

Everytime I hear this song by Lauren Daigle, I'm instantly reminded of the importance of why we celebrate Easter.


"You plead my cause,
 you right my wrong,
 you break my chains,
 you overcome,
 you gave your life,
 to give me mine,
 you say that I am free,
 how can it be."


Sometimes I wonder why I stress myself out for these kinds of things and take on more than I can chew, but am reminded when I see the kids' reaction. It's ALWAYS worth it. Always.


xo, Vera









No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, I'm listening...